The Scottish Government has announced its new Cabinet team. Appointments of note include the appointment of Alex Neil to the key position of Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing.
Serving under Mr Neil will be Michael Matheson, the MSP for Falkirk West who retains his position as Minister for Community Care.
A full list will be published as soon as possible but the most significant changes are as follows:
- Alex Neil – Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing
- Nicola Sturgeon – Cabinet Secretary for Infrastructure, Investment and Cities, with additional responsibility for Government Strategy and the Constitution
- Keith Brown – Minister for Transport and Veterans
- Margaret Burgess – Minister for Housing and Welfare
- Joe Fitzpatrick – Minister for Parliamentary Business
Bruce Crawford, Stewart Stevenson and Brian Adam are to retire from their government roles.
Full details of the cabinet reshuffle can be accessed here: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2012/09/scottish-cabinet05092012